MFCA ACTIVE
October 2009
10/27/2009
Restaurant Fire


On 10-27-09 at 16:10 hours the Merion Fire Company of Ardmore along with Bryn Mawr was dispatched to a report of a building fire on Lancaster at Rittenhouse Place. Additional multiple calls were received by the 911 center reporting a working fire at the Hunan restaurant located at 47 East Lancaster Ave. First in units had a working kitchen fire with extension through the ceiling to the roof rafters. Firefighters aggressively got to the fire above the ceiling and opened the roof area. The fire was quickly controlled.

Station 25 Full Company, Station 23 Full Company, Engine 24 FAST team & Air Unit, Engine 26, & 313 Rehab unit responded.
10/26/2009
Trader Joe's Fire


Merion of Ardmore firefighters assisted by the Bryn Mawr Fire Company operated on roof top heater fire at "Trader Joe's" supermarket on Coulter Ave on Monday morning at 3:50 AM. The call was received for a odor in the area. Police arrived and found smoke off the roof in the rear. Firefighters operated for about an hour. Narberth Ambulance also responded.
10/26/2009
Residential Rescue


On 10-26-09 the Merion Fire Company responded to a residential Rescue on Ardmore Ave. Firefighters removed a women that had her leg stuck in a 3rd floor window.
10/17/2009
Smoke from Cooking


Gladwyne Fire Company along with Merion Fire Company responded to Merion Square Road for a smoke condition in the residence. Crews performed positive pressure to rid the home of smoke from cooking.
10/17/2009
Malfunctioning Hot Water Heater


MFC responded to 253 Hathaway Lane, Wynnewood for a activated carbon monoxide detector. Firefighters entered the home and the gas meters detected an issue with the hot water heater. The hot water heater was shut off and units were back in service within 15 minutes.
10/7/2009
Gas Leak


MFC was called to Wynnewood Plaza on Wednesday for a gas leak. Upon arrival there was a visable scent of natural gas coming from the high rise building. Engine and Ladder crews set up for positive pressure ventilation and checked the building for any high levels of gas.
10/7/2009
Wires on Fire


Wednesday brought on heavy winds throughout the township. MFC was dispatched to Rose Lane, Haverford for wires on fire in a tree. Crews responded to the home and PECO was called to the scene.
10/7/2009
Fire Prevention Lunch


October 4-10 is Fire Prevention Week. Each year the township holds a luncheon for all the business owners in the township as well as members from the seven fire companies. It a chance for members to network with business owners and thank the businesses for their help throughout the year.
10/4/2009
Rotary Club Pancake Day


It wouldn't be October without the annual Ardmore Rotary Club Pancake Day. For the past twenty five years the Roatry Club has held this event to help raise funds for the Merion Fire Company. The annual company fund drive and money given by the township don't always cover our day to day expenses.
Thank you again to the Ardmore Rotary Club for all that they do.

10/3/2009
HAZMAT

Saturday the MFC was dispatched to a possible mercury spill on Edgemont Ave, Ardmore. After further investigation there were no services needed by the fire company and the resident contacted a clean up company.

 
 
 
  8/31/17
HURRICANE HARVEY FUNDRAISER

> read more
  8/26/17
GRANDVIEW ROAD

> read more
  8/24/17
FAST TEAM DISPATCH

> read more
  8/23/17
SHELDON ROAD

> read more
  8/21/17
BARRIE ROAD ELECTRICAL FIRE

> read more
  8/20/17
WALNUT AND SPRING

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5