MFCA ACTIVE
February 2010

2/27/2010
Dispatched for Building Fire

Firefighters from MFCA and Bryn Mawr Fire Company were dispatched for a building fire at Montgomery Plaza Apartments, Ardmore. First in crews had an odor of something burning in the first floor apartment. Through the use of a thermal imaging camera, the origin ended up being an exterior heater for the apartment. Utilities were shut off and positive pressure was performed to rid the building from the mild haze. Crews were on scene for 45 minutes.

2/27/2010
Odor Gas Leak

Members of The Merion Fire Company handled a possible natural gas leak on East Lancaster Ave in Ardmore on Saturday morning. Crews were on scene for a half hour and no leak was discovered.

FEB / 2010
Guest Lecture

Members of Lower Merion fire companies were invited this past Monday evening to listen to a great presentation on fire ground safety with strip malls and supermarkets. Bob Drennen, former Battalion Chief with Philadelphia Fire Dept. and current Chief Fire Marshal with Upper Moreland Township was our guest speaker for the evening. Bob's lecture showcased two deadly fires: Southwest Supermarket in Phoenix, AZ and Sofa Super Store in Charleston, S.C. where there were multiple line of duty deaths caused in these types of structures. It was well attended and gave everyone a new perspective on how these types of building fires need to be attacked. Thank you again to Bob Drennen for coming to Lower Merion and sharing your knowledge with us.

2/23/2010
Elevator Rescue

Elevator rescue at the 429 Apartments on Montgomery Ave, Haverford.

2/16/2010
Assist to Bryn Mawr

Ardmore assisted Bryn Mawr with smoke in the building at Wendy's. Units were back in service within a half hour.

2/10/2010
Winter Storm Part III

Thank you again to all the members who stayed over night or who could spend a couple of hours during the day at the station.

       
       

2/10/2010
Chief Hayden honored by RCLMN

On January 30, Chief Tom Hayden (owner of Hayden Printing which does our candidate mailings) of the Merion Fire Company of Ardmore was in Haverford at the time a building fire was reported. He was the first to arrive on the scene and was informed by a resident that an elderly woman was unaccounted for in the building. In order to save her, Chief Hayden ran into the building, entered the victim's bedroom on his hands and knees and found the victim unconscious. As he was taking her out of the room, he was met by Lower Merion Police Officer Mike Pleasant who helped him carry the victim from the smoke filled apartment.

When interviewed by the local tv stations, Chief Hayden refused to take credit for his save and instead humbly told the media that a "volunteer firefighter" made the rescue. Many of us forget that our local firefighters are volunteers. Thank you to Chief Hayden, Officer Pleasant and all the firefighters who put their lives on the line for our safety!


> View original post and photos

2/6/2010
Car Fire

The Merion Fire Company handled a working car fire on Railroad Ave at Lancaster Ave this morning during the blizzard.

2/6/2010
Odor of Gas

The Merion Fire Company handled a report of a gas leak this morning in the 200 block of Chestnut Ave in Ardmore

2/5/2010
Malfunctioning Fireplace

The Merion Fire Company handled a fire that involved the controls of a gas fire place last night during the blizzard on Bleddyn Road in Ardmore.

2/5/2010
Odor of Gas

The Merion Fire Company handled a report of gas fumes in the Whole Foods Supermarket last night at the beginning of the blizzard.

2/5/2010
Refrigerator Fire

Merion Firefighters handled a refrigerator fire this evening on Holland Ave.

2/5/2010
Trash Can Fire

Trash can fire at Ardmore West today.

2/4/2010
Public Assist Call

The MFC handled a public assist for a locked out resident on West Spring.

2/2/2010
Fatal Fire in Haverford

The Merion Fire Company was dispatched to a fire alarm at the Hunter House Apartments, 449 West Montgomery Ave, Haverford. While enroute, police reported smoke in the hallway and coming from apartment 205. Chief 25 arrived on scene with smoke showing and upgraded it to a building fire. Engine 25's crew popped the apartment door and connected the high rise pack to the stand pipe. A quick search was done and the fire room was discovered. The bedroom fire was quickly knocked down and a victim was discovered while doing a search of the fire room. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene and the incident is currently being investigated by authorities.

Click here for web Link


   
   

2/1/2010
Gas Leak

The MFC responded to a Gas leak in the rear of the apartments at 104 West Montgomery Ave yesterday. Ardmore firefighters secured the leaking gas.

 
 
 
  11/8/17
MCDONALDS FRYER FIRE

> read more
  11/7/17
ELEVATOR RESCUE

> read more
  11/2/17
MAPLECREST CIRCLE

> read more
  11/2/17
TRASH CAN FIRE

> read more
  10/30/17
16 LANCASTER AVE

> read more
  10/24/17
DUMPSTER FIRE

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5