MFCA ACTIVE
January 2010
1/31/2010
Woman in critical condition after apartment fire in Ardmore


A woman was listed in critical condition following an apartment fire in the 100 block of Ardmore Ave in Lower Merion Saturday afternoon.The woman was removed from the rear apartment exit by a Lower Merion police officer and was treated and transported by Narberth paramedics.No other serious injuries were reported by officials.

Ardmore and Bryn Mawr firefighters responded to the afternoon blaze.

Click here for web Link

1/30/2010
Building Fire with Entrapment




At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Saturday the 30th of January 2010, the Merion Fire Company of Ardmore was dispatched to 118 Ardmore Avenue for a report of a building fire with smoke coming from the rear apartment. Chief Hayden was working in the area and responded directly to the address to find medium smoke emanating from a three story multi-family structure. Chief Hayden requested that the working fire upgrades be dispatched and was informed by a resident that an elderly female resident was unaccounted for in the rear apartment.

Chief Hayden reported the confirmed entrapment of the resident to the county dispatchers and entered the smoke filled apartment where he located the victim, unconscious on her bed next to the fire room. He was able to pull the victim off the bed to the floor and began to pull the victim out of the bedroom toward the apartment entrance. At this point Chief Hayden was met by Officer Mike Pleasant of the Lower Merion Police Department and a Captain with the Llanarch Fire Company in Haverford Township. Chief Hayden and Officer Pleasant successfully removed the victim from the smoke filled apartment to the safety of the front lawn where she was treated by members of the Volunteer Medical Services Corp of Lower Merion and Narberth who transported her to the hospital.

Members of the Merion Fire Company, assisted by fire fighters from the Bryn Mawr Fire Company, The Gladwyne Fire Company and the PennWynne-Overbrook Hills Fire Company extinguished the fire, which started in the basement of the building and spread to the first and second floors. Crews were on scene for approximately 90 minutes.


           
           
1/25/2010
Dryer Fire


The Merion Fire Company of Ardmore was dispatched this afternoon to assist Bryn Mawr with a dryer on fire in a store at 510 West Lancaster Ave. Members of both companies worked to remove the burnt dryer from the building. Ladder 25 was released to handle the third call of the day on Shipton Lane. All units were back in service in about 40 minutes.
1/25/2010
High Volatge Wires Down


13200 Volt wires were knocked down by a tree on Old Gulph Road today.
1/22/2010
Heater Fire


The MFC assisted by the Narberth Fire Company handled a heater fire at the Sloan Nissan.
1/21/2010
Working Car Fire


The Merion Fire Company of Ardmore responded to Lower Merion High School, Ardmore for a working car fire Thursday evening.
       
       
1/19/2010
Residential Gas Leak


The MFC was dispatched to a fire alarm at 233 St Georges Road in Ardmore this morning. Firefighters discovered the heater stack pipe was no longer connected to furnace causing high levels of CO in the home. The house was evacuated and ventilated, crews were back in service within forty five minutes.
1/15/2010
Broken Sprinkler Head


Students at The Haverford School, Haverford accidently broke the head off of a sprinkler head on Friday. As MFC arrived students had already started their own bucket brigade, collecting watering coming from the broken head. Both school maintenance and MFC shut the system down and opened up an exterior relief drain.
1/13/2010
Electric Fire


MFC was dispatched to the 300 block of Rose Lane, Haverford for the smell of something burning. Police quickly on scene reported to county that it resembled burning wires. Upon further investigation, burned out wires were found in the basement. Crews were on scene for 45 minutes.
1/12/2010
Assist with Water Leak

Assist home owner with an uncontroled water leak on County Line Road in Ardmore on Tuesday afternoon.
1/11/2010
Broken Stove

MFC was called to 195 Lakeside Road, Ardmore for a broken stove. Engine crews determined a faulty electrical pilot. The fuse was shut off and crews were back in service within 20 minutes.
1/6/2010
Gas Leak

Gas stove leak handled by Ardmore firefighters on St Georges Road in Ardmore.

1/1/2010
Honoring Our Past

Isaac Scott
December 31, 1930
On December 30, 1930 Merion Fire Company Firefighter Isaac Boyd was killed in the line of duty when the fire engine he was driving crashed enroute to a house fire started by wiring on a Christmas tree. Members of MFCA and Boyds family members, placed a wreath on his grave like they have for many years now.
 
 
 
  8/31/17
HURRICANE HARVEY FUNDRAISER

> read more
  8/26/17
GRANDVIEW ROAD

> read more
  8/24/17
FAST TEAM DISPATCH

> read more
  8/23/17
SHELDON ROAD

> read more
  8/21/17
BARRIE ROAD ELECTRICAL FIRE

> read more
  8/20/17
WALNUT AND SPRING

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5