MFCA ACTIVE
October 2011

10-30-11
Smoke in Building

On Sunday evening Ardmore and Narberth Fire Companies were dispatched to 119 Mill Creek Road for a report of smoke in the building. Arriving firefighters were met by evacuated tenants who reported a pot on the stove on the 3rd floor. Companies vented the building and were placed back into service within 20 minutes.

10-20-11
Gas Leak

On Thursday shortly after 2:30 PM the Merion Fire Company was dispatched to an active gas leak at 120 Ardmore Ave. Firefighters shut the gas off and vented the building. The building was evacuated for about 15 minutes.

10-3-11
Gladwyne House Fire

At 6:00 a.m. On Monday October 3rd, Station 25 was dispatched with Engine 25 as the 3rd Due Engine to assist Station 24 (Gladwyne Fire Company) at a working house fire on Riverview Road in Gladwyne. The Engine responded fairly quickly with a large crew and assisted with overhaul in the fire building and with picking up the supply line. Engine 25 was released from the scene after approximately 45 minutes of service.

10-2-11
Elevator Rescue

Ardmore firefighters were called to Sunrise Assisted Living in Haverford to free an employee from an elevator during a power failure shorty after midnight.

 
 
 
  11/8/17
MCDONALDS FRYER FIRE

> read more
  11/7/17
ELEVATOR RESCUE

> read more
  11/2/17
MAPLECREST CIRCLE

> read more
  11/2/17
TRASH CAN FIRE

> read more
  10/30/17
16 LANCASTER AVE

> read more
  10/24/17
DUMPSTER FIRE

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5