ARDMORE PLAZA GAS LEAK
The Merion Fire Company responded to the Ardmore Plaza Shopping Center shortly after 9:00AM. for a report of a smell of gas. First arriving firefighters had a complaint in numerous stores of an odor. Command was established and the building was evacuated. PECO arrived quickly and assisted in the search for the source. Forcible entry was made to a restaurant were a leaking gas line was discovered. The buildings were mechanically ventilated for 45 minutes. Engine 23 was called to the scene to assist.