MFCA ACTIVE
November 2013

11-30-13
SUBURBAN SQUARE SANTA

Members of the Merion Fire Company escort Santa Claus to Suburban Square Shopping Center at noon time where there was hundreds of people waiting his arrival.

SUBURBAN SQUARE SANTA HEATER SMOKE

11-27-13
HEATER SMOKE

Station 25 & 23 were dispatched to 105 Cricket Ave in Ardmore for a report of smoke in the building. A heater in the basement was quickly secured. Companies remained on location for 40 minutes to vent the smoke and C/O from several apartments.

HEATER SMOKE HEATER SMOKE HEATER SMOKE HEATER SMOKE

11-26-13
MULCH FIRE

Ardmore & Penn Wynne Fire companies were dispatched to a house on Edgemont Ave in Ardmore for a report of smoke in the house.
First arriving firefighters found a mulch fire along the property line.

MULCH FIRE MULCH FIRE MULCH FIRE MULCH FIRE MULCH FIRE

11-24-13
BRUSH FIRE

Ardmore firefighters quickly extinguished a brush and fence fire at 15 Llanfair Road in Ardmore.

BRUSH FIRE BRUSH FIRE BRUSH FIRE BRUSH FIRE

11-15-13
RADNOR STRUCTURE FIRE

On Friday 15 November, the Merion Fire Company was dispatched to assist the Radnor Fire company of Wayne (Delco Sta 15) on Hilldale Road in the Villanova section of Radnor Township for a working structure fire. E-25-1 responded as the second alarm FAST team. The crew operated in the rear of the dwelling for approximately 1.5 hours and assisted New Town Square Fire Company (Delco Sta 41) with opening the rear roof. Multiple companies from Delaware, Montgomery and Chester County were on location

RADNOR STRUCTURE FIRE RADNOR STRUCTURE FIRE RADNOR STRUCTURE FIRE RADNOR STRUCTURE FIRE

11-6-13
BROKEN GAS LINE

Engine 25 handled a call for a broken gas line on the 100 block of Booth Lane in Haverford. PECO responded and made the repair.

BROKEN GAS LINE BROKEN GAS LINE BROKEN GAS LINE

11-5-13
PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE

At 8:00 AM this morning the Merion Fire Company assisted by Bryn Mawr handled a smokey commercial dryer fire in the rear of the building at the Philadelphia Sports Club on Lancaster Ave in Ardmore. The building was evacuated and the fire was quickly extinguished. There were no injuries.

PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE PHILADAELPHIA SPORTS CLUB FIRE
 
 
 
  11/8/17
MCDONALDS FRYER FIRE

> read more
  11/7/17
ELEVATOR RESCUE

> read more
  11/2/17
MAPLECREST CIRCLE

> read more
  11/2/17
TRASH CAN FIRE

> read more
  10/30/17
16 LANCASTER AVE

> read more
  10/24/17
DUMPSTER FIRE

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5