MFCA ACTIVE
November 2014

11-30-14
SMOKING ELECTRIC BOX

At 18:07 hours Merion firefighters were called to the 300 block of West Spring Ave for a report of an electric box smoking in a house.

SMOKING ELECTRIC BOX SMOKING ELECTRIC BOX SMOKING ELECTRIC BOX

11-29-14
SANTA COMES TO TOWN

The crew from Engine 25 assisted Santa with transportation to the center of Ardmore as well as Suburban Square where a big crowd was waiting for his arrival.

SANTA COMES TO TOWN SANTA COMES TO TOWN SANTA COMES TO TOWN SANTA COMES TO TOWN SANTA COMES TO TOWN SANTA COMES TO TOWN

11-28-14
SMOKING AMBULANCE BATTERY

The Merion Fire Company responded to the VMSC of Narberth's station at 11:23 PM for a report of an odor in the bay.
Firefighters found smoking batteries on one of the ambulances.
The ambulance was removed from the station and the batteries were removed from the ambulance.

SMOKING AMBULANCE BATTERY SMOKING AMBULANCE BATTERY SMOKING AMBULANCE BATTERY SMOKING AMBULANCE BATTERY

11-28-14
CARBON MONOXIDE

At 5:23 AM Ardmore firefighters responded to a Carbon Monoxide call on Armat Ave in Ardmore.
The company was on scene for an hour.

CARBON MONOXIDE CARBON MONOXIDE CARBON MONOXIDE

11-27-14
THANKSGIVING NIGHT

At 6:08 PM the Bryn Mawr Fire Company along with the working fire dispatch was called to the 1800 block of County Line Road in Villanova for a report of a working abandon house fire. The call turned out to be high tension wires on the side of the Road.

THANKSGIVING NIGHT THANKSGIVING NIGHT

11-26-14
MERION SQUARE

At 11:54 AM the Gladwyne Fire Company requested help with a small fire in the basement of a house on Merion Square Road.
The fire was quickly controlled by first arriving firefighters. The working fire response was dispatched as a precaution.

MERION SQUARE MERION SQUARE MERION SQUARE MERION SQUARE

11-21-14
WELLS FARGO

Merion Firefighters responded to the Wells Fargo Bank in Ardmore West to investigate a possible odor of gas shortly before 7:00PM.

WELLS FARGO WELLS FARGO WELLS FARGO

11-19-14
CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS

Congratulations to Harry Jarin, Marton T. Markovits, & Graham Fuller.
These three firefighters graduated as certified PA firefighters during a ceremony that was held at the Montgomery County Public safety complex.
Firefighter Fuller recieved an award for having the highest grade in the class.

CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS CONGRATS TO OUR NEW CERTIFIED PA FIREFIGHTERS

11-16-14
LOCUST AVE

The second call of the morning at 6:12 AM was on Locust Ave in Ardmore for leaves on the side of the road.

LOCUST AVE LOCUST AVE LOCUST AVE LOCUST AVE

11-13-14
30 PARKING PLAZA

Ardmore and Bryn Mawr firefighters responded to restaurant located at 30 Parking Plaza to investigate smoke in the building at 11:30 AM.

30 PARKING PLAZA 30 PARKING PLAZA 30 PARKING PLAZA 30 PARKING PLAZA 30 PARKING PLAZA

11-12-14
WORKING CAR FIRE

Ardmore firefighters responded to a working car fire at the intersection of East Spring & Linwood Ave at 11:20 PM

WORKING CAR FIRE WORKING CAR FIRE WORKING CAR FIRE WORKING CAR FIRE WORKING CAR FIRE

11-11-14
HEATER FIRE

Ladder 25 assisted Bryn Mawr with a smokey heater fire on Broughton Lane in the Villanova section.

HEATER FIRE HEATER FIRE HEATER FIRE HEATER FIRE

11-11-14
SMOKING DRYER

Merion firefighters were called to the Parish House at Ardmore Presbyterian Church at 2:45PM for a smoking dryer.
The company was back in service in 30 minutes.

SMOKING DRYER SMOKING DRYER SMOKING DRYER SMOKING DRYER

11-10-14
BRYN MAWR HOSPITAL

Merion Fire Company assisted Bryn Mawr with a small smokey fire in a room at the Bryn Mawr Hospital at 6:49 PM.
Companies remained on location in service with fans for an hour.

BRYN MAWR HOSPITAL BRYN MAWR HOSPITAL

11-4-14
PORSCHE ON FIRE

6:31pm
Engine 25 handled a report of a Porsche fire on Berkley Road in Haverford.

PORSCHE ON FIRE PORSCHE ON FIRE

11-4-14
KITCHEN FIRE

16:58pm
Stations 25,23,24 & Rescue 21 responded to a report of a kitchen fire on the second floor of the 429 apartments in Haverford.
First arriving firefighters were met with a serious smoke condition. They stretched an apartment pack and quickly handled a stove on fire.
Residents were evacuated for about 30 minutes.

KITCHEN FIRE KITCHEN FIRE KITCHEN FIRE KITCHEN FIRE

11-4-14
GAS ODOR

11:25am
PECO called Ardmore firefighters to 222 East Montgomery Ave to assist with a complaint of an odor of gas.

GAS ODOR GAS ODOR GAS ODOR

 

 
 
 
  8/31/17
HURRICANE HARVEY FUNDRAISER

> read more
  8/26/17
GRANDVIEW ROAD

> read more
  8/24/17
FAST TEAM DISPATCH

> read more
  8/23/17
SHELDON ROAD

> read more
  8/21/17
BARRIE ROAD ELECTRICAL FIRE

> read more
  8/20/17
WALNUT AND SPRING

> read more
> View all of this month's articles > Visit the archive
 
 
 
   
 
  Being part of a community means supporting the men and women who protect
our families, homes and
businesses 24-7.
 
 
feed1
feed2
feed3
feed4
feed5