The Merion Fire Company handled a Hazardous Materials Incident at a restaurant in the Suburban Square Shopping Center. Workers mixed some cleaning chemicals that emitted a hazardous gas.
Members of Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne Fire Companies and Narberth Ambulance gave aid to 5 employees. Firefighters also searched the restaurant to make sure everyone was out. The restaurant was monitored and ventilated.
5 victims were transported to the hospital. Firefighters went through a decontamination process.